Let’s be honest. No women really wants flowers on Valentine’s Day, they want chocolate (Nick, are you reading this??). Normally I’m not into tofu, but I am into chocolate, and the other day I experimented with silken tofu and came up with the following recipe with which you can woo your special girl or guy tomorrow.
(Makes ~2 servings)
12 ounces silken tofu (firm)
6 ounces dark chocolate (I used 85% dark)
3 T maple syrup (the real stuff!)
Berries for garnish and extra flavor/nutrition
1. Strain the tofu and then add it to a food processor, and blend well (for about 1-2 minutes).
2. Melt the chocolate in a double-broiler.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, add the maple syrup, and mix well (the texture will change dramatically, and it’s ok!).
4. Add the chocolate/maple syrup combination to the pureed tofu. Puree everything together for about 1 minute.
5. Pour into a bowl and chill for about an hour.
6. Serve with berries.
NOTE: This is a low FODMAPs recipe, although I must say tofu doesn’t agree with me…..how about you? It’s low FODMAPs, but I think it needs re-tested!
QUESTION: Do you ever use silken tofu to make desserts? I’ll be honest, I don’t. Tofu gives me a stomachache, but I really wanted to try this recipe, and I’m glad I did!
What are you doing tomorrow for Valentine’s Day? Anything? Nick and I are going to a dinner where I work (yes, I know, I’m a huge loser, but they serve the best Valentine’s dinner!). Then we are coming back and whispering sweet nothings to each other. haha, jk.