Let’s be honest. No women really want flowers on Valentine’s Day, they want chocolate (Nick, are you reading this??). Normally I’m not into tofu, but I am into chocolate, and the other day I experimented with silken tofu and came up with the following recipe with which you can woo your special girl or guy tomorrow.
Tofu Chocolate Mousse Heaven
(Makes ~2 servings)
12 ounces silken tofu (firm)
6 ounces dark chocolate (I used 85% dark)
3 T maple syrup (the real stuff!)
Berries for garnish and extra flavor/nutrition
- Strain the tofu and then add it to a food processor, and blend well (for about 1-2 minutes).
- Melt the chocolate in a double-broiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the maple syrup, and mix well (the texture will change dramatically, and it’s ok!).
- Add the chocolate/maple syrup combination to the pureed tofu. Puree everything together for about 1 minute.
- Pour into a bowl and chill for about an hour.
- Serve with berries.
NOTE: This is a low FODMAPs recipe, although I must say tofu doesn’t agree with me…..how about you? It’s low FODMAPs, but I think it needs re-tested!
So as you can see the tofu adds some protein and fiber to this dessert, but it’s still not considered “healthy”, so don’t be fooled! But is it delicious? Oh yes. Absolutely.
QUESTION: Do you ever use silken tofu to make desserts? I’ll be honest, I don’t. Tofu gives me a stomachache, but I really wanted to try this recipe, and I’m glad I did!
What are you doing tomorrow for Valentine’s Day? Anything? Nick and I are going to a dinner where I work (yes, I know, I’m a huge loser, but they serve the best Valentine’s dinner!). Then we are coming back and whispering sweet nothings to each other. haha, jk.