The other day I wanted to bake. I asked Paige if she wanted to bake with me, and of course, she did. I struggle baking with her because I want to like the raw-egg filled bowl, but I don’t want her to (quite a dilemma). But anyway, although I didn’t allow her to lick the bowl and spoons, she loved the finished product!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup smooth or crunchy natural peanut butter (or any nut-free alternative butter)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with nonstick spray (going up about 1 inch on the sides). Beat butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk oat flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 20 squares. Let cool completely before storing.
This is a low FODMAP and Gluten Free recipe!
Serving size: 1/20th of recipe Calories: 237 Fat: 16 Saturated fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 20 Sugar: 14 Fiber: 2 Protein: 6She eagerly and patiently waited for me to take my blog photos (“What’s a blog, mommy?”. “It’s a place where I rant on about food and nutrition and other stuff. Oh, and I post pictures like this!”)So close, Paige, almost done!
There ya go, all finished, time to chow down!
And chow down she did. I think she ate three in one day. Oh well, they are healthy right? Ok…healthier. Unlike the Trolls cupcakes I will be making for her birthday this weekend! Yeah, my baby is turning three. More on that in a blog post coming up…