I use my slow cooker all season long, in case you were wondering. I don’t care if it’s 90 degrees outside (which, it is) I’m going to take out my slow cooker because it’s easy and it never fails to produce delicious results.
Slow Cooker Flank Steak Tacos
- 2 pounds flank steak (cut into 2 inch strips)
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped or sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 small corn tortillas
- Options for toppings: avocado, salsa, Greek yogurt, sour cream
- Layer half of the peppers in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with the flank steak pieces/strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Evenly sprinkle over the flank steak, flipping the meat to get some of the spice mixture on both sides.
- Top with the remaining peppers, and the minced jalapeño.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours (or on high for 3 to 4 hours) or until the flank steak can be easily shredded with two forks. For ease, remove the steak to a dinner plate to shred.
- You may place the meat back in the slow cooker for up to another hour or serve immediately.
- Put mixture inside of your heated corn tortillas, top with whatever you’d liek and enjoy!
This is a low FODMAP recipe!
Serving size: 1 taco Calories: 325 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 13.8 g Sodium: 484 Protein: 43 g
This is just an idea of the size of strips you should cut the flank steak into, before layering into the slow cooker. This definitely makes for easier shredding after the steak is finished cooking.
While this meat tasted fantastic wrapped in corn tortillas, it would also be great with flour tortillas, served over nachos or rice.
So tender. So flavorful. I will be saving this recipe for a long time. Enjoy!