HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!
Who has time to write a blog post on a day like this?! Not me! That’s why I’m making this short and sweet. If you haven’t figured out what to bring to your cookout today, I’ll say “You’re Welcome” in advance. This is simple and amazing (and trust me, it was approved by about 100 customers at the store yesterday). Enjoy, and have a WONDERFUl Fourth of July!
Red, White and Blueberry SALSA!
- ½ sweet white onion, minced **
- 2 ripe red tomatoes, diced
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro (or mint)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced **
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Combine, allow to sit for 30 minutes or overnight, then enjoy!
- Serve with your favorite chips.
- Crunch away.
** Because of the onion and avocado, this is not a low FODMAPs recipe. You could, however, omit the onion and just eat some of the avocado (about 2 Tbsp. avocado shouldn’t cause problems).
And now I’m off to make a farro and wild rice salad. I’ll post this one soon (it’s my next whole grain experiment. Can you believe I’ve never tried farro?! Have you??)
All the “Fixins’” for my farro and wild rice salad
See you tomorrow with a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream recipe. Great way to ring in July. Right?!