First off, can you believe it’s September first? I feel like just yesterday it was Christmas. Do the years fly by these days, or is it just me?! My goodness!!
Recently, with hopes of getting Nick to eat salmon, I set out on a mission to create the perfect salmon soft taco (Nick loves tacos). I failed on getting Nick to try the salmon, but I succeeded in coming up with a great recipe!
Salmon Soft Tacos
For the Salmon
1.5 pounds salmon (wild-caught, preferably)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
*** Don’t have fresh salmon? You could use canned salmon instead.***
*** Following the low FODMAPs diet, like me? Omit the garlic!***
For the Soft Taco
6 whole wheat soft tortillas
1.5 cups broccoli slaw
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup cilantro
Your favorite salsa
** Don’t have broccoli slaw? Add something else for crunch and nutrition, such as cabbage or shredded carrots. **
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the salmon on the sheet, skin-side down.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the other ingredients for your soft taco. Warm your tortillas in a skillet until slightly brown.
- Once the salmon is finished you can build your soft taco! I prefer this order; soft taco shell, broccoli slaw, salmon, lime juice, cilantro, avocado, plain Greek yogurt and salsa (you can mix the two together if you’d like).
Nick made his soft tacos with shrimp. Oh wait, you can’t see the shrimp? That’s because Nick likes to make salsa tacos, with a bit of shrimp added….. HA!
Estimated Nutrition Facts for Salmon Soft Tacos
(For 1 soft taco)
QUESTION: Do you like salmon? What’s your favorite way to eat salmon? Or, if you don’t like it, what’s your favorite type of fish?