The last 24 hours have been incredible. Nick and I are now officially home-owners (and officially in major debt, haha)!! The house needs a LOT of work, but we couldn’t be more happy, and proud. This next week we will be working on getting everything organized, buying a new bedroom and living room furniture, straightening up the yard (garden!!), and so much more. I have decided to take a week off from blogging. I may still read some blogs here and there, but there will not be any new CANDID RD posts until later next week or next weekend. I plan to do a post that includes pictures of our new home!
Coco of Balance, Joy, and Delicias has passed on two fabulous awards to me (thanks Coco!). I rarely post much information about myself, so here is your chance to get to know me a little better.
I’m supposed to write ten things that make me happy:
1) When Nick is happy, I am happy (we live together, so you know, if he’s sad, I get sad! And when he’s in a good mood, I am too, most of the time….). I’m also happy when my mom is happy, because she’s the true love of my life.
2) Waking up to the sun shine
3) My morning coffee and blog session
4) Reading nice comments on my blog (you guys sometimes write the sweetest comments, and they mean so much!)
5) When I make someone smile or laugh
6) Eating ice cream
7) Weddings (especially wedding cake)
8) A good workout, which makes me SWEAT
9) Watching the 6:30 pm World News and hearing happy stories (I find that this is rare these days)
10) Having something to look forward to on the weekends
Question: What makes YOU happy?
Now I need to tell you ten honest things about myself. In reality, I’m one of the most honest people I know (which sometimes bites me in the butt because being honest isn’t always a good thing) but I know there are a few things you don’t know about me, and I’m going to “spill it” right now….
1) I wanted to be an actress when I was young, and my favorite actress was Kirstie Alley (I loved her in Look Who’s Talking!). I took acting lessons for several years, but then quit.
2) I used to be a quitter. I quit ballet, gymnastics, baton, track, lacrosse, piano, French horn (yes, I played the French horn!!), and as I said, I quit acting lessons. I am no longer a quitter because I want to be a role model for my children.
3) I used to be a party animal. I’ve probably mentioned this before, but for those of you who are new to my blog, there you go, I was Gina the partier! That doesn’t mean I didn’t take school seriously. I did. I was just so type A that I always got my studying done before night time rolled around, so I always managed to go out! Let’s just say I took full advantage of college
4) I have a crazy obsession with mustard. I sometimes use a sickening amount on burgers, sandwiches, brauts, etc. I know, I know, it’s got a lot of sodium, but it’s better than mayo….right?!
5) I can’t leave the bedroom in the morning without making the bed. It’s some sort of obsession. It MUST be made! And yes, I’ve got Nick hooked too.
6) I still watch the Real World, and The Real World, Road Rules Challenge on MTV. Yikes.
7) I sometimes don’t shower after I workout. Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I just admitted that! Yeah, I have these cloths that I use to give myself a sponge bath of sorts. This is only when I don’t have time to shower. I get away with this because I have never had an issue with smell. I mean, I think I would know by now! Are you disgusted yet??
8) My first job was at Bob Evans and I was not a waitress, I was a busboy (busgirl??)! I was also a hostess, but my memories are from busing tables. Can you imagine???
9) I was once fired from a waitress job because I failed to give someone her 32 cents change. She called and had me fired. That was actually a good thing. I had to get out of the waitress business!
10) I was an only child for 13 years, until my brother Joseph was born. I still feel like an only child sometimes, but Joseph is the best kid in the world!