- ½ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn (drained and rinsed)**
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼th tsp. Old Bay seasoning **
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- ½ lb. tomatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- Grill corn on a grill pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and grill both, together, for about 2 minutes (flip the shrimp after 1 minute).
- Remove corn and shrimp from the grill to allow to cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and seasoning.
- Toss the shrimp and corn with the lemon/mayo/seasoning mixture. Serve the salad in the butter lettuce leaves, and top with tomato wedges, if you wish.
|Estimated Nutrition Facts for 4 leaves/wraps (1 serving)
You know those nights when people end up coming over, but you weren’t expecting company? This is the perfect meal (or even appetizer if you want to make this for 3-4 people), for those occasions. I like to keep frozen shrimp in my freezer at all times, because it works so well in many recipes. It can be thawed in running cold water, or overnight in the fridge. It can be added to salads, pastas, or mixed with a few simple ingredients, such as in this recipe, and transformed to deliciousness. And do you see those really red tomatoes?? Hopefully we’ll have more of those in our garden this year, they’re already starting to grow! Nick the farmer is having a successful gardening season…so far.
Let me ask, are you a fan of lettuce wraps? I remember the first time I tried them at PF Changs, and I was hooked. Granted they were filled with a salty meat, and crispy veggies, which is hard not to like, but there are some people who just don’t like using lettuce for wraps. I’ve also been known to get the lettuce “wrap” or “Bread” at Jimmy John’s. Why not save the carbs? They inside meat, cheese, and vegetables is the best part anyway, right?
I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday. I’ll be at work, dreaming of my weekend ahead. Yes, sometimes it really stinks having to work on the weekends and some holidays, but it makes those weekends when you don’t have to work that much better!