(Makes about 12-half cup servings)
2 cups chilled half and half
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Mix the milk and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is well blended. Add the half and half and the spices, mix well (I use a whisk).
2. Put in an ice cream maker (after it’s been frozen according to directions) and churn for about 20 minutes.
** If you don’t have an ice cream maker add it to a popsicle mold and make cinnamon popsicles! Or you could make this into a milkshake by adding some vanilla frozen yogurt, pre-made, and blending. Yum, right?!**
3. Once the ice cream is done, add the chopped walnuts and blend well.
(Serving Size, 1/2 cup)
- Use fat free half and half
- Use a calorie free sugar, such as NuNaturals
- Simple use a bit less sugar (maybe 2 T less)
- Omit the walnuts
QUESTION: What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream this time of year? Another of my favorites is this butternut squash ice cream, which can also be made with pumpkin.