I have been following a low FODMAPs diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) for over seven years now. It has changed my life in the best way possible. While the diet has made me feel fantastic, it definitely hasn’t been easy, as many foods contain FODMAPs and they are very hard to avoid. Another difficult part of the diet is that each website and health professional has a slightly different list of low FODMAPs (and high FODMAPs) foods. My blog and recipes are based strictly off of the recommendations and research provided by the team of researchers at the Monash University, the original developers of the diet.
I have been experimenting in the kitchen for many years now, trying to create recipes that are either lower in FODMAPs or FODMAPs-free. All of my recipes are organized on my “Recipes” page according to food course, but each recipe is tagged “low FODMAPs Recipe” (if it is a low FODMAPs recipe, or a FODMAPs-free recipe) or “low FODMAPs Modifications” if the recipe can be modified to be low in, or free of FODMAPs. If you would like more ideas for low FODMAPs recipes please visit my Pinterest page where you can find two low FODMAPs boards filled with more ideas to suit your needs and taste buds. To read more about the low FODMAPs diet please read my informative blog posts listed below, and never hestitate to e-mail me with questions. If you are in the Columbus, Ohio area you can contact me for a personal dietary consultation.
Informative Blog Posts
- Have IBS? FODMAPs May Be the Culprit
- Helpful Resources for a low FODMAPs Diet
- What can I eat when I’m sick and trying to eat low FODMAPs?
- My low FODMAPs Kitchen Essentials
- Traveling low FODMAPs
- Low FODMAP Breakfast and Snack Ideas
- Low FODMAP Lunch and Dinner Ideas
- Low FODMAPs Red Sauce (two recipes you need to have!)
- Oat Flour Pizza Crust
- Broccoli, Quinoa Pizza Crust (a lower FODMAPs version of cauliflower pizza crust)
- Lentil Hummus (a lower FODMAPs version of hummus)
- Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- Red Pepper Sauce for veggies or fish
- Two Homemade low FODMAPs Dressings (simple!)
- Low FODMAPS Chicken Stock (Homemade)
- Zucchini with Lemon Basil Pesto
- Two Simple Low FODMAPs Marinades
Check out the widget on the right side of my blog to purchase a journal for recording your food intake while following a low FODMAPs diet. Journaling is one of the best things you can do to find out which foods cause you symptoms and to help get you back on the right track to wellness!
Follow me on Instagram @FODMAPDietitian for more ideas!