I used to complain because there were (and are) so many things I can’t eat on the low FODMAPs diet I’ve been on now for over five years. But lately I’ve realized that while there are many things I can’t eat, there are many more great things that I can eat.
Thankfully, zucchini and mint are two foods that my body seems to handle quite well. How could I ever live without zucchini?? Not to mention mint, feta, and lemon, which seem to make a brilliant combination in this recipe that is so simple, yet so tasty, you might just freak!
- 4 medium zucchini, each sliced lengthwise and into 3 planks
- 1.5 T olive oil
- ¼th tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 ounces reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, sliced thin
- Lemon wedges for garnish and a dash of juice
- Heat grill to medium-high. Toss zucchini with 1 T oil, salt, and pepper. Grill zucchini until well browned all over, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer zucchini to platter, and top with cheese and mint. Drizzle with remaining ½ Tbsp. of oil, and serve with a squirt of lemon, and lemon on the side
Nutrition Highlights: Only 100 calories, good source of fiber, protein, and vitamin A, excellent source of vitamin C.
Ask me what I served this with and I’ll tell you…nothing. This recipe was meant to be a side dish, but I made this in the afternoon and used it as my lunch. It really hit the spot. I think it would be delicious with some grilled fish or chicken. You could also serve this over a nice hearty grain. Or heck, have two servings and call it dinner! I think I can safely say zucchini is part of my list of top 5 favorite vegetables. Maybe even top four. What about you? Do you like zucchini (or summer squash)?? I hope you do because I’ll tell you right now I’ve got some great zucchini recipes lined up for this blog this season. Get excited.
Did everyone have a nice weekend? We actually grilled out last night, but not zucchini (I want to wait until we have our own zucchini before I show off this amazing recipe to friends and family!). We grilled some meals in foil packets, which I’ll be posting soon (they were from the last issue of Clean Eating Magazine). They turned out so good, even my dad was raving about them. I hope everyone enjoy’s their Monday. Remember to smile, only 5 more days until the weekend 🙂