Sometimes all I want for dinner is a big bowl of veggies. Do you ever feel that way? If you’re like Nick, you might be making a face right now…..for him he could eat a big bowl of veggies, but only if it comes with two large slices of buttery bread. Anyway, I actually made this recipe last summer, but never got to post it. When we planned what to plant in our garden this year I went back to last year’s recipes to see which ingredients I used most. Basil and zucchini were my top two ingredients, therefore they are currently being planted in our garden (I’ll be posting about this year’s garden soon). The pictures I took last year aren’t amazing, but the recipe was, so I knew I had to post it anyway. I will definitely be making this recipe all spring and summer long. It was that good.
- 2 tsp. Extra Virgin Oil (or use a garlic-infused oil if you'd like)
- 3 zucchini, halved and cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. toasted unsalted pine nuts
- ¼th tsp. sea salt
- ¼th tsp. fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush a large baking sheet with 1 tsp. oil and spread zucchini in a single layer on sheet. transfer to oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until just tender and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender (or Magic Bullet!), combine remaining 1 tsp. oil, lemon zest and juice, basil, nuts, salt and pepper. Blend, stopping to scrape down sides of blender if necessary, until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, add zucchini and toss to coat.
|Estimated Nutrition Facts for 1/4th of recipe|