- ¼th cup light mayonnaise
- ¼th cup plus 2 tsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tsp. finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 tsp. finely chopped red onion**
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning**
- 4 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- Toppings (optional): Spinach, Tomato, Red Onion
- Make the tartar sauce by combining mayo, 2 tsp lime juice, pickle, onion and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside
- Place fillets in a shallow dish; drizzle with oil and remaining ¼th cup lime juice. Season with lemon pepper, and salt to taste
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300 degrees or 350 degrees F). Grill fillets, covered, 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spread cut sides of rolls with tartar sauce. Place 1 fillet on each roll, top with your optional toppings.
|Homemade tartar sauce. So easy! And it was great on a simple grilled piece of cod, even without the bun.|
|Estimated Nutrition Facts for 1 sandwich, with 6-ounces fish and a 100-calorie whole grain sandwich roll/bun|
QUESTION: What’s your favorite fish to eat as a sandwich? Mine is definitely cod, but I also like turning fish/seafood into burgers!