Santa might pine for cookies when he enters your home to deliver gifts, but before his long journey he enjoys a nice peppermint smoothie for some protein, calcium, and fiber. Didn’t you know? Yeah, this is what holds him over for his long journey on Christmas Eve.
- 2 cups loosely packed frozen yogurt or vegan coconut ice cream
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Peppermint candies to garnish
- More coconut milk to thin the smoothie, as desired
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, adding soy or almond milk if needed. Top with the peppermint garnish.
Nutrition Highlights: Good source of protein and iron, excellent source of fiber and vitamin C.
Although Santa needs the extra calories and fat so he can make it across the World in one night, you may prefer something a bit lighter . So, if you want this to be lower in calories and fat replace the higher fat light coconut milk with almond milk or soy milk. It will still taste fantastic.
Have a very Merry Christmas! I’ll be back on Thursday with a delicious slow cooker cod chowder.