Updates Since Last Time
– Last night my friend Annie was in town with her new boyfriend. It was a great excuse to go out on the town with all of my high school friends! We had a lot of fun.
– I was reunited with Quinoa after I stole some from my mom’s cabinets (she knew I was stealing it…). I hadn’t had it in a long time and I wanted to see if Nick would eat it. Well, he did, and it’s our new staple food now. I can’t eat it alone (it tastes bland), but with other ingredients it’s perfect.
Dinner #6 Nutty Noodles
2 cups cooked pasta
6 ounces cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup crunchy Smart Balance peanut butter
2 T soy sauce
1 t Smart Balance canola oil
- Use any type of noodle (fettuccini, linguini, spaghetti, etc.)
- Use any type of oil you choose, such as sesame or peanut oil
- Use low sodium soy sauce
- Add extra vegetables to increase the bulk, and the nutrition
- Omit the chicken, or use another protein, such as tofu, turkey, or beef
This was one of the best meals I have had in a very long time. I wanted more! The Pasta Slim could have easily been confused for real (in my opinion)
He knew it was fake, so I know that effected his opinion. However he did enjoy it! He’ll eat anything with peanut butter
**Using an average pasta **
Stay tuned for my next post, which will include a “Nutrition TidBit” about whole grains, and also some new food creations. Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!!