Until this weekend, I had never made ceviche. I have been missing out. This was easy, light and delicious. Enjoy!
White Fish Ceviche with Red Quinoa
Author: Modified from "Going with the Grain" Cookbook
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lb. white fish, cubed
- 7-8 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1½ cup water
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped **
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a large metallic bowl add the cod and the juice of 7-8 limes (enough to cover the fish). Put in fridge for 3 hours, making sure to mix the fish every 30-minutes (to assure submersion in lime juice), until fish is opaque.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool, and put in fridge until ready.
- In a medium bowl add the tomato, jalapeno, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Put in fridge until ready.
- Once the fish is ready, strain any remaining juices. Divide among four plates; tomato mixture, fish, quinoa on top. Drizzle with olive oil and top with chopped avocado, a bit of lime juice (if you wish), and salt and pepper to taste.
** If you are following a low FODMAP diet, just use one half of an avocado for the entire recipe.