I recently told Nick I wasn’t going to buy fish oil anymore. He was perplexed; “Why not?”, he asked. Well, I’m just not convinced it’s doing anything to protect either of us, and in realty it’s best to get nutrients from food. I honestly think, in some ways, taking the fish oil gave me an excuse not to make fish (dietitian confession!). So, we’re done. Hence, more fish.
We don’t have an exhaust fan in our kitchen, which is one of the main reasons I sort of cringe at the idea of making fish. Our house can smell for days afterwards! Too bad (note to self, next house must have a vent!). When it’s nice outside I like to use the foil method, on the grill.
We had rosemary from our garden so I found this great recipe for lemon rosemary cod. I decided to put it in foil and what a great idea that was! No smell, little clean-up, and so tasty.
A nice little “before” shot. I added the cod to a square of foil, just enough to pull up all ends and gently fold the ends into the middle of the cod, leaving some air/space (not wrapping too tight).
- 4-6 ounce pieces of cod (loin)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped **
- 2 tsp. finely chopped rosemary (from 2 sprigs)
- Zest of 2 small or one large orange
- 4 pieces of foil, big enough to wrap the cod
- Pat the fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Place the cod loins on each of four pieces of foil. Drizzle each piece of cod with olive oil (divide the 2 Tbsp evenly) and then divide the chopped garlic, minced orange peel and the rosemary among each of the four cod loins. Wrap the cod loosely by folding each corner up to the center and gently enclosing the foil over the cod. Grill on an outdoor grill on low for 10-12 minutes. Take off the grill, open the foil slowly (be careful of steam!) and enjoy.
So there you go, a simple fish dish that won’t leave your house stinky four days (of course, I’m probably the only one that doesn’t have an exhaust fan in their kitchen….).
I’ll see you next week with a post that highlights “The Top Five Ways to Lose Weight and KEEP IT OFF!”.