Ok, here we go….these brownies were……
The perfect example? These brownies. They are made with whole grain (and gluten free) brown rice flour, plus spinach, blueberries, and oats (plus butter and sugar, but hey, I wanted these to be palatable!).
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- ¾ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 eggs
- ~10 T sugar
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt (Note: table salt is fine)
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats **
- 2 large handfuls raw spinach
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in a double broiler or microwave-safe bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a food processor (or Magic Bullet!), puree the blueberries, spinach, lemon juice and water.
- Mix together all ingredients except the flour. After the ingredients are thoroughly combined, gently fold in the flour.
- Spray a baking pan (8x8 is best) and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Estimated Nutrition Facts for 1/8th of recipe