- Cooking spray
- 1.5 cups fresh corn kernals (about 2-3 ears) **
- ¼ cup (or 1-ounce) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 5 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat broiler
- Heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, and saute 5 minutes. Combine corn, 2 Tbsp. cheese, basil and remaining 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add corn and egg mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until almost set (will start to cook around the edges). Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. cheese. Broil in preheated oven 5 minutes or until set and browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
|Estimated nutrition facts for 1/4th of recipe
Nutrition Highlights: Under 150 calories per serving (or only 250 calories for 2 servings), good source of protein and iron (excellent sources if you have 2 servings, plus a good source of calcium, vitamin C and vitamin A….so, why not eat 2 servings?!).
QUESTION: What’s your favorite veggie to pair with eggs? I love spinach and eggs, but my ultimate favorite vegetable to pair with eggs has to be mushroom (ok, it’s a fungus, but it counts as a veggie). I almost added mushrooms to this frittata but I held myself back!
Did you have a nice weekend? It’s been raining like crazy here in Columbus. Wow. Our garden is basically flooded and Nick (and I) are pretty nervous that some of our crop might be destroyed. Let’s just say some things are growing parts that we’re pretty certain they aren’t supposed to grow; such as this broccoli that now has flowers coming out of it. Is this normal?