I was perusing The Lean Green Bean’s blog one day and came across a recipe for no-bake cookies that caught my eye. I’m a sucker for no-bake cookies (let’s face it, I’m a sucker for anything that combines peanut butter or almond butter and chocolate). On my day off a couple weeks ago I decided to make them, but I didn’t want to spend $5 on dried cherries, so I used the dried plums I already had (which served as a double win for me because that meant Nick wouldn’t touch them, muahaha).
- 1.5 cups oats **
- 1/2 cup dried plums, chopped **
- ½ cup almond butter **
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 T chia seeds
- Combine the oats, chia, and dried plums in a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the almond butter and chocolate. Mix to combine.
- Add the melted almond butter and chocolate to the dried ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Drop about 16 cookies/bites on a cookie sheet. Put in freezer for about 15 minutes, or longer (until they start to get hard).
I don’t know what it is about these, but they are addicting and I can’t stop eating them. They might be a replacement for my old favorite homemade granola recipe…..I haven’t decided yet. I keep them in my freezer at all times, and pretty much nibble on them through the day.
Can you beat a snack that is less than 100 calories, contains basically zero sodium, plus chocolate, and provides close to 2 grams of fiber? Yes, you probably can, but still…the stats are pretty great. You can make this snack even more filling and nutrient-packed by eating it with a cup of almond breeze or even crumbled in some plain Greek yogurt.