I have this insatiable craving for peanut butter, at all times of the day. Does anyone else have this problem? Last year I made this peanut sauce with noodles and chicken, but I wanted to try something new when Nick told me he had invited his mother over for dinner. I had my eye on a couple recipes, but ended up with the following recipe that was a huge success (although, I’ll warn you, it was messy!).
2. Bake the chicken at 350 degrees (I sprayed mine with some garlic olive oil and added some fresh ground pepper before baking). Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. Let it cool for about 15 minutes (while preparing the vegetables, below).
3. Add the vegetables to a large saute pan, and coat with about three-fourths of the peanut sauce (the remaining sauce is for the chicken). Saute the veggies for about 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender (stir on occasion).
4. Cut the cooled chicken into 1-inch cubes. Put the chicken on 12 soaked skewers (each person gets 2 skewers).
5. Add the chicken to a grill pan, brush with remaining peanut sauce and heat on medium (you may end up with leftover peanut sauce, but the leftovers can be used for tomorrow’s dinner!). Heat until he chicken is hot and ready to be enjoyed.
6. Grab a plate and add your rice (or other starch), the vegetables, and two skewers on each plate.
I kid you not, this meal was amazing! Nick gave it a 9.5 out of 10. I will definitely be making this again. The sauce was super easy to make and I used it on pasta with chicken the next night. If you want to decrease the calories in this meal you could skip the second skewer, or stick to only 1/4 cup brown rice, instead of 1/2 cup.
QUESTION: Do you crave peanut butter like I do? What’s your favorite way to use peanut sauce? Do you have another favorite sauce that you use for multiple types of meals?