First off, can you believe it’s September first? I feel like just yesterday it was Christmas. Do the years fly by these days, or is it just me?! My goodness!!
Recently, with hopes of getting Nick to eat salmon, I set out on a mission to create the perfect salmon soft taco (Nick loves tacos). I failed on getting Nick to try the salmon, but I succeeded in coming up with a great recipe!
For the Salmon
1.5 pounds salmon (wild caught, preferably)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
*** Don’t have fresh salmon? You could use canned salmon instead.***
*** Following the low FODMAPs diet, like me? Omit the garlic!***
6 whole wheat soft tortillas
1.5 cups broccoli slaw
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup cilantro
Your favorite salsa
** Don’t have broccoli slaw? Add something else for crunch and nutrition, such as cabbage or shredded carrots. **
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the salmon on the sheet, skin-side down.
3. Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, arrange the other ingredients for your soft taco. Warm your tortillas in a skillet until slightly brown.
5. Once the salmon is finished you can build your soft taco! I prefer this order; soft taco shell, broccoli slaw, salmon, lime juice, cilantro, avocado, plain Greek yogurt and salsa (you can mix the two together if you’d like).
(For 1 soft taco)
QUESTION: Do you like salmon? What’s your favorite way to eat salmon? Or, if you don’t like it, what’s your favorite type of fish?