How was everyone’s Memorial Day? Ours was spent planting our garden (and getting some sun, vitamin D, and bug bites)! I’ll be posting about it on Thursday. I’m starting to think we may have more produce than we can handle, but it never hurts giving some away, right? We could have our own farmer’s market in our backyard!
My mom brought this fantastic chicken dish over for dinner the other night. She has been making this dish since I was young because she got it out of the Columbus Dispatch in 1980. Apparently the Dispatch has a recipe contest every year (how come I didn’t know that?!) and this was the winner in 1980.
“Drool Worthy” Avocado Chicken
4 chicken breasts -boneless
2) In shallow dish, mix together cornstarch, cumin, and garlic salt. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, dredging to coat.
3) In small bowl mix egg and water. In another small bowl place cornmeal. Dip chicken, first in egg and then in cornmeal, turning to coat.
5) Top chicken with sour cream, dividing equally; sprinkle with green onion and red pepper. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley. Makes 4 servings.
(For One Serving)
– Use reduced fat or fat free cheese (reduced fat cheese will melt better than fat free)
– Use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
– Use egg beaters instead of an egg (this isn’t necessarily healthier, but it will decrease the calories and fat just a bit)